Please support our sponsors.
Peter Greene's Top 10+ as announced on Monday, 10/3/2005
This list is for providing you with easy access to these "useful" Web pages. Please visit my NEW "Tips and Favorite Applications" Page, WEBHITZ® for access to our Web menus!
Use of the products and services offered on any of these Web pages is at your own risk! E-Mail me and give me your feedback at email@example.com. Due to the volume of email I get I cannot possibly reply to every message!
- TechSpot.com - a resource to help you with your Personal Computing needs - reviews, guides, drivers and more.
- AntennaWeb.org - help you determine the proper outdoor antenna to use in order to receive your local television broadcast channels [based on geographical maps].
- JiWire.com - search 75,000+ Wi-Fi hotspot locations in 104 countries. Also visit "Wi-FiHotSpotList".
- Opera.com - an alternative Web browser that recently announced it is available for Free. Also visit: "Mozilla & Firefox + Mozilla Support", "Netscape", "K-Meleon", "MyIE", "NetCaptor", "Safari", "Avant", "Crazy", "SlimBrowser" and "PowerPad".
- FixYourOwnPrinter.com - a resource to try in case you are having printer problems.
- RigZone.com - the gateway to the gas & oil industry; news, industry directory, stock info and more.
- EnergyHawk.com - a resource dedicated to money saving energy tips for the home and business. Also visit: "ACEEE.org" [American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy].
- NewsMax.com - a resource for Headline News.
- LiveScience.com - a resouce that covers the animal world, human biology, nature & the environment, technology and more.
- SpaceWeather.com - news and info about meteor showers, near-earth asteroids, solar flares, and more as related to the "sun-earth environment".
*** Below are last month's choices ****
- (*)Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware ([XP] Beta) - here is the link to download Microsoft's new AntiSpyware software; it is well worth checking out.
- (*)2 books on Google - "Google Hacks" and the new "Google Pocket Guide". Also visit Peter's new "Book Page".
- (***)Here is the "E-mail Anti-SPAM Encoder by Hiveware" to use if you post your email address to Web pages.
- (***)Here is the way to "eliminate the Windows Logon Screen". Remember to be careful when editing any system files; make sure you review the numerous resources I've posted about the Windows Registry that can be found on my "Tips" and "Techlinks" pages. And if you need access to your Windows system [like you forgot your administrative password] and are having trouble - then the "EBCD Utility [Free]" may be able to help.
- (***)US-CERT warns against using Internet Explorer - issued 6-29-2004 - U.S. government's Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT) is warning Web surfers to stop using Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) browser. If you are concerned an alternative may be Mozilla's next generation Web browser called "FireFox" and visit the "InfoStar Virus Info Center" Web page and look for Web browsers.
- (***)List of fixes included in Windows XP Service Pack 2 [SP 2] - access Microsoft's information on what they have tried to fix in Windows XP. Here's an article on the fact that a "SP 2 exploit has already been found".
- AirportParkingReservations.com - a resource to help you reserve your airport parking - nationwide.
- InfantSEE.com - [ by the American Optometric Association - AOA ]; search for one of nearly 6,500 AOA-member optometrists that have volunteered to serve as InfantSEE optometrists for free infant eye testing [One in every 10 children is at risk from undiagnosed eye and vision problems].
- DoItYourself.com - a home repair and remodeling resource. Also visit "DannyLipford".
- PodCastingNews.com - a resource that covers the "podcast" segment of the online world.
- PBase.com - for digital photo hosting and sharing with your friends and relatives. Also visit: "Fotki.com", "Flickr.com", "Picturetrail.com", "Snapfish.com", "Kodakgallery.com", "Shutterfly.com", "Myphotoalbum.com", "Fotosearch.com".
- Lake-Link.com - a resource to help you find Mid-Western region lakes, fishing reports and more [sponsored by WI Dept. of Tourism].
- EndangeredForests.org - Reports - a PDF formatted report about potentially endangered national forests [sponsored by National Forest Protection Alliance]. Here's a link to "Wisconsin's Chequamegon Forest" as discussed by the Sierra Club.
- P3Portal.com - a resource about the upcoming release of the Sony Playstation 3 dedicated gaming system.
- UsedPartsLive.com - an online used car parts or "salvage yard"; Includes a parts locator and a way to post your request.
- LodgingLocator.org - check among 55,000 Hotels in 11,000 Cities around the world for accomodations. Also visit "VacationSpaces".
Peter's schedule for appearing as a guest on Larry Meiller's show can seen by clicking here.
You can listen to Peter on WPR (Wisconsin Public Radio) - 970AM WHA Radio in Madison, WI
monthly! It is broadcast live over the WPR radio network from the 7th floor of Vilas Hall, and is "Web casted" live via Real Audio - you'll need the "Real Audio player". The show is 90 minutes in length and covers the latest in PC computer technology
, the Internet and the World Wide Web; show is a question & answer format. I have supported Wisconsin Public Radio for nearly 18 years with a monthly radio
show on computer technology. The show is produced by Jim Packard and hosted by Larry Meiller.