Peter Greene's Top 10+ as announced on Tues., 9/02/2003
This list is for providing you with easy access to these "useful" Web pages. Please visit my NEW "Tips and Favorite Applications" Page, WEBHITZ® for access to our Web menus!
Use of the products and services offered on any of these Web pages is at your own risk! E-Mail me and give me your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of email I get I cannot possibly reply to every message!
- LocalHarvest.org - easy to find family farms, farmers markets and other sources of sustainably grown food in your area.
- SciToys.com - make toys at home with common household materials that demonstrate fascinating scientific principles.
- AesopFables.com - online collection of Aesop's Fables; 655+ Fables, indexed with morals listed.
- AuctionWorks.com - is the solution of choice for the largest sellers on eBay (2,000,000+ items each month ).
- CreativeCow.net - online forums for media professionals that use products from Apple, Avid, Matrox, Sony and more. [movie makers, video, digital camera users]
- FaganFinder.com - (an online search Web site/tool) its goal is to help people find what they are looking for.
- DigitalBookIndex.com - provides access to 73,000+ titles records (eBooks from 1800+ publishers).
- FoodSubs.com - actually called "The Cook's Thesaurus "; is an online cooking encyclopedia that covers thousands of ingredients and kitchen tools.
- HostEvaluator.com - free software to help you make more informed decisions on where your Web site should be hosted.
- AvantBrowser.com - considered freeware; a fast tabbed Web browser that you may enjoy using.
- GammaDyne.com - if you manage large email lists then you should take a serious look at "Gammadyne Mailer".
- SoYouWanna.com - learn about all the things nobody taught you in school.
- Avhome.com - Aviation Home page; 7700+ searchable and organized links about anything related to aviation.
- TeenReads.com - a resource that encourages teenage reading.
- SearchNetworking.com - news and tips on networking, info on routers, switches, and more.
- TACKTech.com - a technical support resource for PC users.
*** Below is from last month's choices ****
- (*)2 new books on Google - "Google Hacks" and the new "Google Pocket Guide".
- GovBenefits.gov - a free, confidential tool that helps you find government benefits you may be eligible to receive.
- Spamotomy.com great site to try and get rid of spam [junk email]; spam related news, product reviews and more.
- ExCalendar.net - searchable; exhibition calendar (database) of art museums around the world.
- Chocolate.com - searchable; if you're looking for chocolate related items then this is the Web site you'll want to know!
- BaseballBlogs.com - check out some Weblogs (online diaries) about baseball, and also visit the "BaseballLibrary".
- Feedster.com - search tool to help you find Weblogs; also check out "BlogStreet", "RocketNews", "Technorati", and "DayPop".
- RIAA.org - official Web site for the "Recording Industry Association of America" (RIAA); searchable, press releases, anti-piracy penalties, industry related news and more. Also visit the "Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)" and "Boycott-RIAA".
- Kropla.com - access their wide variety of online guides to help answer your travel-related questions (phone guide, electric guide, and more.
- MedHelp.org - access their online forum discussions about patient related medical help. Also visit "WebMD".
- wunderground.com - another resource for access weather related information. Also visit "Weather.com" and "Intellicast".
Extras to check-out:
Extra Link 1:GoDaddy - offers domain name registration and transfers for $8.95 per year or also try 000Domains - register or transfer a domain for $13.50 per year; also 123Domains - for as little as $13.99 per year for domain name registration. I've used all three and they work just fine!
Extra Link 2:ReadyHosting - a Web hosting service worth a serious look.
Extra Link 3:Pagoo Service - I use it to get my voice mail while I'm online! It really works great! "CallWave" is free but really doesn't compare. New is "BuzMe"
Extra Link 4:National Center for Missing and Exploited Children - and their "Alert" page with pictures.
Extra Link 5:THINKQUEST Information! (My neighbor's won 2x! Now he's a sophmore at Harvard!): - ThinkQuest and "ThinkQuest Junior" -
"an annual contest that challenges students, ages 10 to 19, to use the Internet as a collaborative, interactive teaching and learning tool". Get the contest details here. Get your kids involved!
Extra Link 6: FreeDSL - free high-speed Internet access; if you sign up please use my email address for being referred - "email@example.com" - Thanks!
Extra Link 7: FreeWebspace - interested in a Web site for no money? Check out this searchable index of 443 free Web space providers.
Peter's schedule for appearing as a guest on Larry Meiller's show can seen by clicking here.
You can listen to Peter on WPR (Wisconsin Public Radio) - 970AM WHA Radio in Madison, WI
monthly! It is broadcast live over the WPR radio network from the 7th floor of Vilas Hall, and is "Web casted" live via Real Audio - you'll need the "Real Audio player". The show is 90 minutes in length and covers the latest in PC computer technology
, the Internet and the World Wide Web; show is a question & answer format. I have supported Wisconsin Public Radio for nearly 18 years with a monthly radio
show on computer technology. The show is produced by Jim Packard and hosted by Larry Meiller.