Peter Greene's Top 10 as announced on Monday, July 3, 2000
This list is for providing you with easy access to these "useful" Web pages.
Use of the products and services offered is at your own risk. E-Mail me and give me your feedback at email@example.com
- OneShare - purchase the actual stock certificate; also "Investing for Kids" or teach kids finanical management with "SimMoney".
- ServiceLane - match you with Service Professionals who are certified and eager to meet your needs.
- DomainRepo - source for expired, unused & repossessed domain names; see also "Afternic", "GreatDomains", "DomainSurfer", "Unclaimed Domains" and "DomainWatch".
- GolfersIndex - search for just about anything related to golf; see also "GolfServ", "GolfCourse", "GolfWeb" and "GolfOnline".
- Ixquick - a new metasearch engine; see also "Zapper" and "Zeal" which is powered by Google - FYI --> Yahoo now uses Google.
- Desteo - searchable; a well organized resource for free travel information.
- RoboForm - a free, one-click Web form filler; see these other products that include the "form filler" feature --> "eCode", "Jotter", "Qpass", and "LifeMinders"
- Spyonit - smart monitoring and notification technology; Web developers should visit the "Spybuilder" page. Click here for "the "Spyonit" that I created for you to monitor my Techlinks page .
- DSL Reports - are you interested in DSL for high-speed Internet access ---> this is a resource you need to know about
- BuzzSaw - the construction industry goes online in a big way; see also "Bidcom", "BuildPoint", "Struxicon", and "Cephren".
(*)U.S. Human Genome Project - this resource contains information about the U.S. and worldwide Human Genome Project.
#11:StartupFailures - what caused the failures. Featured stories plus archives and forums. See also "DotCom.failures".
#12:Microsoft's .NET Announcement - covered by Jakob Nielsen's Alertbox; see also "Microsoft's official announcement and Web site". Their "Direct Access" whitepaper. (*)Plus you should know about "BizTalk" and more on "BizTalk Server 2000".
#13:PatentWizard - for inventors; definitely worth knowing about if you want need to get a patent.
#14:CrackSmoker - the real "dirty laundry" of professional sports (I found this mentioned in Sports Illustrated of 6/19/2000)
#15:WebBrain - a new way to navigate and surf (search) around the Web; it is tied to the "Open Directory Project".
#16:BookNewsWire - get the latest news on the publishing and book industries; by Internet Wire.
#17:CancerSource - searchable; well organized resource that covers this medical topic; see also "Oncology"
#18:DaveNet - by Dave Winer; programmer & journalist ---> Dot-What? article about Microsoft's new strategy.
#19:NetFlip - get paid for searching.
BONUS Link 1:Check out my eLiving(tm) Guide which is an "Editor's Pick - Interview".
BONUS Link 2:Make Your Site Sell - free info to help your Web business, and "Make Your Knowledge Sell".
BONUS Link 3:FareAgent - for help finding the best airfares; also "Travelocity", Expedia's "Fare Compare" and "Priceline".
BONUS Link 4:Teachers.Net - teachers resources along with chat and more; see also "National Teachers Enhancement Network".
BONUS Link 5:Memolink - complete surveys, play trivia and get free stuff; see also "iWon", LuckySurf" and "FreeLotto".
BONUS Link 6:The Kitchen Link - 10,000+ cooking related resources and more.
BONUS Link 7:LowerMyBills - find the best deals near you.
BONUS Link 8:National Crime Prevention Council - home of "McGruff" the Crime Dog® and Take a Bite Out of Crime®
BONUS Link 9:IPO Insider - excellent IPO resource information provided by ZDNet.
BONUS Link 10:PayPal - a way to pay for things online; can be used at eBay; also accept credit cards online without a merchant account.
BONUS Link 11:Med-Tech Center - latest news on the Medical technology front.
BONUS Link 12:FindSounds - search for sounds on the Web; also try "Whoopie"; or look for "fonts" at "MyFonts".
BONUS Link 13:FreeLotto.com - play for free.
Standard Extras to check-out:
Extra Link 1:123Domains - only $13.99 per year for domain name registration!
Extra Link 2:StoreRunner - a shopping agent to help you shop; also worth a look = MySimon and "Repond"
Extra Link 3:Pagoo Service - I use it to get my voice mail while I'm online! It really works great! "CallWave" is free but really doesn't compare. New is "BuzMe"
Extra Link 4:National Center for Missing and Exploited Children - and their "Alert" page with pictures.
Extra Link 5:THINKQUEST Information! (My neighbor's won 2x! Now he's a freshman at Harvard!): - ThinkQuest and "ThinkQuest Junior" -
"an annual contest that challenges students, ages 10 to 19, to use the Internet as a collaborative, interactive teaching and learning tool". Get the contest details here. Get your kids involved!
Extra Link 6: FreeDSL - free high-speed Internet access; if you sign up please use my email address for being referred - "firstname.lastname@example.org" - Thanks!
Peter's schedule for appearing as a guest on Larry Meiller's show can seen by clicking here.
You can listen to Peter on WPR (Wisconsin Public Radio) - 970AM WHA Radio in Madison, WI
monthly! It is broadcast live over the WPR radio network from the 7th floor of Vilas Hall, and is "Web casted" live via Real Audio - you'll need the "Real Audio player". The show is 90 minutes in length and covers the latest in PC computer technology
, the Internet and the World Wide Web; show is a question & answer format. I have supported Wisconsin Public Radio for 15+ years with a monthly radio
show on computer technology. The show is produced by Jim Packard and hosted by Larry Meiller.