Peter Greene's Top 10 as announced on Monday, May 1, 2000
This list is for providing you with easy access to these "useful" Web pages.
Use of the products and services offered is at your own risk. E-Mail me and give me your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org
- BigVine - Internet Barterplace; teamed with "American Express".
- ITRadar - help with finding the right Information Technology solution provider; or you can try "eLance" or "FreeAgent".
- PayPal - a way to pay for things online; can be used at "eBay".
- AskMe - are you an expert? People answer questions and get rated on their expertise. Or what is your "eMode"?
- 123Domains - only $13.99 per year for domain name registration!
- NameBoy - trying to figure out a domain name; here's my new favorite "NameDroppers".
- BuyMedia - changing the way we buy and sell advertising; see also "MediaMarketMakers", and "OneMediaPlace" (formerly AdAuction).
- Noosh - the printing industry is changing!; see also "58K" - print industry auction, and "PaperExchange".
- HomePageRewards - start getting rewarded for changing your homepage!(in beta testing) or try "Surfing2Cash"!
- Wizmo - set-up your virtual work space; see also "ThinkFree", "MagicalDesk", "Desktop", "MyInternetDesktop", and JurisDictionUSA (legal)
#11:Ananova - interactive "CyberNews Caster".
#12:E-BusinessWorld - available in 7 languages!
#13:ZoneAlarm - a dynamic firewall with total control over applications' Internet use; see also "Shields UP! test", "WebAttacks's security" site, and the "WatchGuard" solution
#14:iWant - tell the world what you want
#15:GovHost - trying to put government in touch with the people
#16:WebBullion - another way to get paid for being online
#17:WebGear - a wireless network for your home or small office. It includes WinProxy but you may want to upgrade to their latest version 3.0
#18:IMT Strategis - keeping pace with marketing technologies.
BONUS Link 1:Check out my eLiving(tm) Guide which is an "Editor's Pick - Interview".
BONUS Link 2:Make Your Site Sell - free info to help your Web business, and "Make Your Knowledge Sell".
BONUS Link 3:FareAgent - for help finding the best airfares; also "Travelocity", Expedia's "Fare Compare" and "Priceline".
BONUS Link 4:Teachers.Net - teachers resources along with chat and more; see also "National Teachers Enhancement Network".
BONUS Link 5:Memolink - complete surveys, play trivia and get free stuff; see also "iWon", LuckySurf" and "FreeLotto".
BONUS Link 6:The Kitchen Link - 10,000+ cooking related resources and more.
BONUS Link 7:LowerMyBills - find the best deals near you.
BONUS Link 8:National Crime Prevention Council - home of "McGruff" the Crime Dog® and Take a Bite Out of Crime®
BONUS Link 9:IPO Insider - excellent IPO resource information provided by ZDNet.
BONUS Link 10:PayPal - a way to pay for things online; can be used at eBay; also accept credit cards online without a merchant account.
BONUS Link 11:Med-Tech Center - latest news on the Medical technology front.
BONUS Link 12:FindSounds - search for sounds on the Web; also try "Whoopie"; or look for "fonts" at "MyFonts".
BONUS Link 13:FreeLotto.com - play for free.
Standard Extras to check-out:
Extra Link 1:123Domains - only $13.99 per year for domain name registration!
Extra Link 2:StoreRunner - a shopping agent to help you shop; also worth a look = MySimon and "Repond"
Extra Link 3:Pagoo Service - I use it to get my voice mail while I'm online! It really works great! "CallWave" is free but really doesn't compare. New is "BuzMe"
Extra Link 4:National Center for Missing and Exploited Children - and their "Alert" page with pictures.
Extra Link 5:THINKQUEST Information! (My neighbor's won 2x! Now he's a freshman at Harvard!): - ThinkQuest and "ThinkQuest Junior" -
"an annual contest that challenges students, ages 10 to 19, to use the Internet as a collaborative, interactive teaching and learning tool". Get the contest details here. Get your kids involved!
Extra Link 6: FreeDSL - free high-speed Internet access; if you sign up please use my email address for being referred - "email@example.com" - Thanks!
Peter's schedule for appearing as a guest on Larry Meiller's show can seen by clicking here.
You can listen to Peter on WPR (Wisconsin Public Radio) - 970AM WHA Radio in Madison, WI
monthly! It is broadcast live over the WPR radio network from the 7th floor of Vilas Hall, and is "Web casted" live via Real Audio - you'll need the "Real Audio player". The show is 90 minutes in length and covers the latest in PC computer technology
, the Internet and the World Wide Web; show is a question & answer format. I have supported Wisconsin Public Radio for 15+ years with a monthly radio
show on computer technology. The show is produced by Jim Packard and hosted by Larry Meiller.