Please support our sponsors.
Peter Greene's Top 10+ as announced on Monday 1/2/2012
This list is for providing you with easy access to these "useful" Web pages. Please visit my NEW "Tips and Favorite Applications" Page, WEBHITZ® for access to our Web menus!
Use of the products and services offered on any of these Web pages is at your own risk! E-Mail me and give me your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of email I get I cannot possibly reply to every message!
Next show is Monday - February 6, 2012
- Kioskea.net - an interesting technology site with their useful "Forums" and other info such as the "Error Codes in Windows"; also visit the real source for a "Listing of the Windows Error Codes".
- SocialNetBar.com [for the Mac now; Windows version is in development - sometime 2012] - brings Facebook, Gmail and search all to the same place, efficiently using your Mac's menu bar to keep you connected.
- SavingToInvest.com - is a personal finance blog [by an individual that considers himself to be a personal finance junkie] that covers a wide spectrum of topics from money to taxes to working and retired life.
- NFLhealthandsafety.com - the NFL's online resource to help support the players and families on health and safety issues for the sport of football.
- ContactingTheCongress.org [impressive, very easy to use - drill-down from the U.S. linked map] - citizen's congressional directory for the 112th Congress. As of December 30, 2011 there are 540 electronic contact addresses (of which 537 are Web-based contact forms), and 540 home pages known for the 540 members of the 112th Congress. Traditional ground mail addresses are available for all current members of Congress.
- CRF-USA.org [Constitutional Rights Foundation; non-profit] - their mission is to instill in our nation's youth a deeper understanding of citizenship through values expressed in our Constitution and its Bill of Rights and to educate young people to become active and responsible participants in our society.
- SlideShare.net [free or pro versions] - a way to share presentations, documents and videos. Use it to promote yourself or your business.
- TomsHardware.com - an online tech portal for computer hardware, software and related IT problems and finding solutions.
- MayoClinic.com - access to their "Diseases and Conditions Resource" and lots of other useful medical inforamtion they offer online.
- answers.microsoft.com - searchable tech help resource for most - if not all of Microsoft's consumer products; you can search for answers but you need to sign in if you want to post a question or an answer. For example: Here is there explaination of how to: "How to Enable Volume Shadow Copy in windows 7". Also try their "Support" resource as well.
*** Below are last month's choices ****
- FrugalTravelGuy.com - suggestions on how you can travel for less or maximize acquiring thos frequent flyer miles.
- Crackle.com - an entertainment portal that features full-length movies, TV shows, and original series for free.
- iHeart.com - iHeartRadio - tune in 750+ stations coast-to-coast available anytime and anywhere (as long as you have Internet access).
- FundRazr.com - leverages the social networking component of the Internet to provide fast and effective pain relief from fee collection and fundraising headaches. Whether you want to collect money for your campaign, a cause, group, team, club or organization then FundRazr may be the solution.
- Urban.org - the Urban Institute's mission gathers data, conducts research, evaluates programs, offers technical assistance overseas, and educates Americans on social and economic issues and to foster sound public policy and effective government.
- AWF.org - African Wildlife Foundation; mission (for over 50 years) is the belief that protecting Africa’s wildlife and wild landscapes is the key to the future prosperity of Africa.
- AmericanForests.org - oldest national nonprofit conservation organization in the country, advocates for the protection and expansion of America’s forests. Since 1990 they have planted nearly 40 million trees. Also visit this very neat and informative Website called "AncientTreeArchive".
- WorldBicycleRelief.org - mission is dedicated to providing access to independence and livelihood through the power of bicycles. To date 93,000+ bicycles out in the field that have changed nearly 470,000 lives.
- OnePercentForThePlanet.org [founded 2001] - 1% for the Planet has inspired members of the business community to contribute 1% of sales to environmental groups around the world. To date: 1400+ companies in 38+ countries around the world donate 1% of their sales to 2700+ environmental organizations worldwide.
- WaterForPeople.com - their mission: work to build a world where all people have access to safe drinking water and sanitation, and where no one suffers or dies from a water or sanitation-related disease.
- NRDC.org - Natural Resources Defense Council; an environmental action group founded in 1970 with 1.3 million members and e-activists. Mission: to safeguard the Earth: its people, its plants and animals and the natural systems on which all life depends.
- Internet Explorer 9 - Microsoft's download site for their latest Internet Explorer 9 Web browser.
Peter's schedule for appearing as a guest on Larry Meiller's show can seen by clicking here.
You can listen to Peter on WPR (Wisconsin Public Radio) - 970AM WHA Radio in Madison, WI
monthly! It is broadcast live over the WPR radio network from the 7th floor of Vilas Hall, and is "Web casted" live via Real Audio - you'll need the "Real Audio player". The show is 90 minutes in length and covers the latest in PC computer technology
, the Internet and the World Wide Web; show is a question & answer format. I have supported Wisconsin Public Radio for 23 years with a monthly radio
show on computer technology. The show is produced by Jim Packard and hosted by Larry Meiller.