Please support our sponsors.
Peter Greene's Top 10+ as announced on Monday 12/5/2011
This list is for providing you with easy access to these "useful" Web pages. Please visit my NEW "Tips and Favorite Applications" Page, WEBHITZ® for access to our Web menus!
Use of the products and services offered on any of these Web pages is at your own risk! E-Mail me and give me your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of email I get I cannot possibly reply to every message!
Next show is Monday - January 2, 2012
- FrugalTravelGuy.com - suggestions on how you can travel for less or maximize acquiring thos frequent flyer miles.
- Crackle.com - an entertainment portal that features full-length movies, TV shows, and original series for free.
- iHeart.com - iHeartRadio - tune in 750+ stations coast-to-coast available anytime and anywhere (as long as you have Internet access).
- FundRazr.com - leverages the social networking component of the Internet to provide fast and effective pain relief from fee collection and fundraising headaches. Whether you want to collect money for your campaign, a cause, group, team, club or organization then FundRazr may be the solution.
- Urban.org - the Urban Institute's mission gathers data, conducts research, evaluates programs, offers technical assistance overseas, and educates Americans on social and economic issues and to foster sound public policy and effective government.
- AWF.org - African Wildlife Foundation; mission (for over 50 years) is the belief that protecting Africa’s wildlife and wild landscapes is the key to the future prosperity of Africa.
- AmericanForests.org - oldest national nonprofit conservation organization in the country, advocates for the protection and expansion of America’s forests. Since 1990 they have planted nearly 40 million trees. Also visit this very neat and informative Website called "AncientTreeArchive".
- WorldBicycleRelief.org - mission is dedicated to providing access to independence and livelihood through the power of bicycles. To date 93,000+ bicycles out in the field that have changed nearly 470,000 lives.
- OnePercentForThePlanet.org [founded 2001] - 1% for the Planet has inspired members of the business community to contribute 1% of sales to environmental groups around the world. To date: 1400+ companies in 38+ countries around the world donate 1% of their sales to 2700+ environmental organizations worldwide.
- WaterForPeople.com - their mission: work to build a world where all people have access to safe drinking water and sanitation, and where no one suffers or dies from a water or sanitation-related disease.
- NRDC.org - Natural Resources Defense Council; an environmental action group founded in 1970 with 1.3 million members and e-activists. Mission: to safeguard the Earth: its people, its plants and animals and the natural systems on which all life depends.
*** Below are last month's choices ****
- ActiveRain.com - large online real estate network; assistance with buying and selling real estate - nearly 8,000 smaller groups or smaller communities within.
- BuyerZone.com - an online resource where buyers and sellers of wide variety of products & services .
- iSource.com - iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc ... news, tips, tricks, podcasts and more.
- PRlog.org - [Free] PR Log is an online press release distribution and press release submission service.
- TrueCaller.com - purpose is to give you relevant information about the people you are communicating with by connecting you to the sources you trust. More than 1.5 million users have used TrueCaller. Includes social media integrations and intelligent call blocking functionality against spam calls.
- StockGumshoe.com - have you ever received an email that uses hype-filled teaser ads to get you to subscribe, promising to find the name of the next great investment? This resource researches the clues and finds the answer at no cost to you - Free.
- Rotoworld.com - fantasy sports resource that covers news, drafts, projections, trade analyzer and more.
- zAutos.com - car research resource - includes new & used cars, auto industry nws, reviews and more. Also visit: "TrueCar" and "CarBuzz".
- DigitalVersus.com [founded in 2004 in Paris; english version since 2007] - a technology reveiw resource that uses a team of technicians and journalists to test and review each product impartially. Check out the other popular resources: "Engadget" and "cnet".
- GreenMaxhome.com - a resource [by "WPPI Energy" for in Wisconsin, Upper Michigan and Iowa.] - to encourage homeowners to build or remodel homes that use reliable, sustainable energy systems.
- Mozilla's FireFox 5 - the latest version of the FireFox Web browser is available from this site. I personally like the new look!
- Internet Explorer 9 - Microsoft's download site for their latest Internet Explorer 9 Web browser.
Peter's schedule for appearing as a guest on Larry Meiller's show can seen by clicking here.
You can listen to Peter on WPR (Wisconsin Public Radio) - 970AM WHA Radio in Madison, WI
monthly! It is broadcast live over the WPR radio network from the 7th floor of Vilas Hall, and is "Web casted" live via Real Audio - you'll need the "Real Audio player". The show is 90 minutes in length and covers the latest in PC computer technology
, the Internet and the World Wide Web; show is a question & answer format. I have supported Wisconsin Public Radio for 23 years with a monthly radio
show on computer technology. The show is produced by Jim Packard and hosted by Larry Meiller.