Please support our sponsors.
Peter Greene's Top 10+ as announced on Monday, 3/7/2011
This list is for providing you with easy access to these "useful" Web pages. Please visit my NEW "Tips and Favorite Applications" Page, WEBHITZ® for access to our Web menus!
Use of the products and services offered on any of these Web pages is at your own risk! E-Mail me and give me your feedback at email@example.com. Due to the volume of email I get I cannot possibly reply to every message!
Next show is Monday - April 4, 2011
- Readeo.com - lets you and your loved ones flip through the pages of a virtual book while seeing and talking to one another on-screen just like if you were in the same room. They call it BookChatting.
- phplist.com - phplist is a popular open source email campaign manager. phplist is free to download, install and use, and can be integrated to your Website's design.
- Skyfire.com - [NOTE: not a guarrantee to solve your incompatible flash devices due to lack of its Operating System support but worth a look] Problems with Adobe Flash on smartphone or iPad? This "app" enables users to play millions of flash videos from the web that otherwise do not play or play poorly on mobiles. They claim to "unlock" [but read the warnings and disclaimers!] the content trapped behind those flash error messages when Skyfire transcodes videos into HTML5 on their servers and delivers a smart video stream to your mobile.
- CommerceConnect.gov - is a one-stop-shop to help U.S. businesses around the country transform themselves into globally competitive enterprises, by connecting them with government information, counseling and services. Also visit "Recalls.gov" another useful Website by our governement.
- icloud.com - can store documents and use service to collaborate with others via icloud; also visit "SlideShare", "Google Docs" and "Office Live".
- AirSafe.com - basically a airline safety and security information resource. Info on plane crashes involving passenger airliners, airline safety and aviation safety info, accident statistics, aircraft safety changes, and aviation safety and accident investigation news. Info on TSA restrictions, passenger screening procedures at airports, and other airport security information.Also visit their useful "Top 10 Baggage Tips for Airline Passengers" and "AirSafe.com Baggage and Security Guide".
- umbraco.com - a Web Content Management Systems; also see "Joomla", "Drupal" and "Microsoft's WebMatrix" resource.
- Figment.com - a "social networking" community for teens where you can share your writing, connect with other readers, and discover new stories and authors. Also visit "Random Buzzers".
- asiteaboutsomething.com [by Richard Geller] - a very interesting entertaining interactive multimedia Website by this author
- printfection.com - a Webstore that allows you to try and incorporate promotional products into your marketing strategy to help you grow your business; also visit "CafePress".
- Microsoft release Windows 7 first service pack - released to the public on 2-22-2011 ---> Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1.
- Apple announces new iPad2 on March 2, 2011 - to be available Friday March 11, 2011 at local Apple store and to order online.
*** Below are last month's choices ****
- Marinebio.org - find out about marine species, ocean conservation, research and more.
- Truecar.com - helps you research new car prices and find the best deals in your area. Find out what others really paid.
- TheConcussionBlog.com - an education and communication resource from an athletic trainer's perspective.
- Fotolia.com - access to 12,042,227 images, vectors and HD videos. Boats 2,350,000+ professionals within the media and communications industry.
- SatelliteViews.net - nearly 6,000,000 places to checkout and view [see also "Panoramio" from Google].
- Money-Talk.org - personal finance, retirement topics (401k), owning a business and making money, financial news and more plus acess their "forums".
- Windows7Forums.com - Windows7Forums.com is an open discussion forum for technical support of Windows 7 issues and problems, and member of the "Microsoft Partner Program". [It is not owned or operated by Microsoft].
- SupermarketGuru.com [by Phil Lempert - also visit "The Lempert Report"] - get the latest food & health news, new food product ratings, money saving tips, unique recipes, food allergy info and resources to help you get the most from every shopping trip. Site gives access to 375+ videos, 48,000+ articles and nearly 2,000 recipes.
- ISBNdb.com - access an online database/research tool of books [data from hundreds of libraries across the world] for individuals, book stores, librarians, scientists, etc ... Also checkout their "Book Price Comparison resource". Their present statistics: Statistics (01/28/2011): Books: 5,792,030 | Subjects: 2,202,086 | Authors: 1,734,595 | Publishers: 412,705 | Sources: 16,109,849 | Prices: 269,919,676
- Qlipso.com [founded in 2007; acquired "Veoh" in March, 2010] - is a multiuser content-sharing platform that lets users extend/enhance their real-life social lives online, providing the ability to share various forms of media (videos, music, games or photos) with each other, live or independent. " Veoh" added a library of 1,000,000+ videos, TV shows, online games and other interactive content.
- Microsoft accounces new WebMatrix - [January, 2011] quietly they released their WebMatrix platform for building Websites; WebMatrix is a brand new web development tool from Microsoft that includes everything you need for website development. Start from open source web applications, built-in web templates or just start writing code yourself. It’s all-inclusive, simple and best of all free.
- Apple releases the "Mac App Store" - available as a software update for any Mac running Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
Peter's schedule for appearing as a guest on Larry Meiller's show can seen by clicking here.
You can listen to Peter on WPR (Wisconsin Public Radio) - 970AM WHA Radio in Madison, WI
monthly! It is broadcast live over the WPR radio network from the 7th floor of Vilas Hall, and is "Web casted" live via Real Audio - you'll need the "Real Audio player". The show is 90 minutes in length and covers the latest in PC computer technology
, the Internet and the World Wide Web; show is a question & answer format. I have supported Wisconsin Public Radio for 23 years with a monthly radio
show on computer technology. The show is produced by Jim Packard and hosted by Larry Meiller.