Please support our sponsors.
Peter Greene's Top 10+ as announced on Monday, 2/1/2010
This list is for providing you with easy access to these "useful" Web pages. Please visit my NEW "Tips and Favorite Applications" Page, WEBHITZ® for access to our Web menus!
Use of the products and services offered on any of these Web pages is at your own risk! E-Mail me and give me your feedback at email@example.com. Due to the volume of email I get I cannot possibly reply to every message!
Next show is Monday - March 1st, 2010
- FindSolar.com - resource to help you find solar power professionals and solutions. Access to energy resources and calculators. Also visit: "CoolerPlanet" and try their "calculator".
- AHRInet.org [(AHRI) Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute] - is the trade association representing manufacturers of air conditioning, heating and commercial refrigeration equipment. AHRI’s 300+ member companies account for more than 90 percent of the residential and commercial air conditioning, space heating, water heating, and commercial refrigeration equipment manufactured and sold in North America.
- FineHomebuilding.com - a useful residential home building/remodeling and construction resource with articles, videos and more to help you make better decisions.
- Attributor.com - protect your revenue by eliminating unauthorized content use (ie. Book Publishers & Authors, Newspapers, Test Writers, etc...) ; "FairShare Guardian" continuously monitors the Web for abuse of unauthorized content use.
- Myce.com[Beta] - technology Web resource with 450,000+ community members; news, info and more.
- Vudu.com - online service that provides access to 1,000's of movies and TV shows directly through the television, without requiring a computer or cable/satellite TV service. Also visit: "Netflix", "YouTube"and "Hulu".
- RockYourPhone.com - focused on delivering 3rd-party mobile software to smart phones (1st and only independent iPhone application store).
- FareSpotter.net - another resource to try to check for inexpensive travel; also visit: "FareCompare", "Sidestep", "Hotwire", "Expedia", "Fly", "Orbitz", "Travelocity", "TravelZoo" and "Priceline".
- WiFi-Forum.com - an online community of Wifi enthusiasts around the world. Wifi-Forum is dedicated to the exchange of technical and non-technical idea related to Wifi, Bluetooth and other wireless technologies.
- Yedda.com - a resource to help you answer questions you may have - people sharing knowledge.
*** Below are last month's choices ****
- JacketFlap.com - a comprehensive resource on books for children and teens. Network with authors, illustrators, editors, agents, librarians, booksellers & publishers; Search the directories of publishers, creators, books, videos and more.
- GroupRecipes.com [in beta] - looking for a new recipe for the holidays; check this resource for your next dish.
- MyPyramid.gov [by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture] - offers personalized eating plans and interactive tools to help you plan and assess your food choices based on the "Dietary Guidelines" for Americans.
- SEMPO.org - Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization is a non-profit org. serving the search engine marketing industry and marketing professionals engaged in it.
- tjoos.com - a very large online coupon code collection; 168,000+ online stores, 37,000+ verified working coupons out of 400,000, and 4,000+ exclusive coupons.
- Mota.com - [in beta] a new place to sell your car online. Their slogan - "Car selling made simple. Car buying made safe". Also visit: "Vast", "Motoverse", "Cars.com", and "Craigslist.org".
- Oodle.com - an online classifieds resource to buy, sell and trade locally. Also visit: "Craigslist.org".
- ValuateMySite.com - ever wondered what a Web Site is worth? They [claim] to use different resources on the Web combined with mathematical and statistical methods to estimate how many visits a Web Site has. They try to estimate what they consider a fair value or price for a Web site. IMHO I would use more than just them but it is a start!
- PortForward.com - free help for setting up your router or firewall. Access their "forum" for more help.
- NetCarShow.com - 1,000's of car pictures and car wallpapers. Wide variety of makes and models of classic cars, muscle cars, exotic cars, supercars, and everyday cars. Also visit "CarDomain" for 700,000+ custom cars and trucks.
**** Instructions to fix MS Defender ---- >>>>
- "Follow the instructions detailed on the posts to this online forum" and should fix MS-Defender updating problem; make sure you do not cut and paste the > symbol or delete it from the wording in the batch file.
**** Just printed late July 2009 - New Book you may find of interest:
- "The New Community Rules: Marketing on the Social Web" by Tamar Weinberg
Peter's schedule for appearing as a guest on Larry Meiller's show can seen by clicking here.
You can listen to Peter on WPR (Wisconsin Public Radio) - 970AM WHA Radio in Madison, WI
monthly! It is broadcast live over the WPR radio network from the 7th floor of Vilas Hall, and is "Web casted" live via Real Audio - you'll need the "Real Audio player". The show is 90 minutes in length and covers the latest in PC computer technology
, the Internet and the World Wide Web; show is a question & answer format. I have supported Wisconsin Public Radio for 23 years with a monthly radio
show on computer technology. The show is produced by Jim Packard and hosted by Larry Meiller.