Please support our sponsors.
Peter Greene's Top 10+ as announced on Monday, 6/1/2009
This list is for providing you with easy access to these "useful" Web pages. Please visit my NEW "Tips and Favorite Applications" Page, WEBHITZ® for access to our Web menus!
Use of the products and services offered on any of these Web pages is at your own risk! E-Mail me and give me your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of email I get I cannot possibly reply to every message!
- BuildItSolar.com - renewable energy Web resource for "do-it- yourselfer". Hundreds of projects covering energy conservation, water conservation, solar homes, space heating, and lots more.
- MyAppleGuide.com - a Web resource dedicated to be your guide to everything about Apple - news, reviews and more.
- Obsessable.com - a resource that covers the latest in the world of technology, including cell phones, digital cameras, and HDTVs.
- WolframAlpha.com - a new type of "knowledge-based" search engine. [Launched on 5-15-2009]
- M.NBC.com - NBC's "mobile" Web site where you can access (via the Internet using your PC or multimedia enabled cell phone) a variety of their TV broadcasts.
- TypePad.com - a new resource to help people that like to Blog - access a 14-day free trial or just browse their Web site.
- Buzzom.com - a resource that is for Twitter users "to follow and unfollow people" in Twitter with just a click [start-up and in "beta"].
- HotelDiscovery.org - a new resource that tries to help you find the best Hotel offers in the area you want to stay or visit.
- Huddler.com - The Huddler Community Platform was built by heavy forum users to take "Web forums" to the next level - visit "EpicSki", "Green Home" and "Mobile" Huddler Communities to experience it.
- ProFootballTalk.com - to inform and entertain about Pro Football - check out their "Daily Rumor Mill".
**** Instructions to fix MS Defender ---- >>>>
- "Follow the instructions detailed on the posts to this online forum" and should fix MS-Defender updating problem; make sure you do not cut and paste the > symbol or delete it from the wording in the batch file.
*** Below are last month's choices ****
- TheFreeDictionary.com - free dictionaries in a variety of languages (plus medical, legal and financial dictionaries), thesaurus, acronyms, idioms, encyclopedia and more.
- MobileTechReview.com - another resource for cell phones, notebooks, tech-gadget reviews and news.
- Online-Literature.com [The Literature Network] - searchable online literature for the student, educator, or enthusiast; check out their "author index" [Authors: 260, Books: 2,874, Poems & Short Stories: 3,828, Forum Members: 52,569, Forum Posts: 606,270 as of May-2009].
- Ovi.com [by Nokia] - an online community that provides an easy way to stay up to date, stay in touch and share the things with friends and family.
- GoodGuide.com [currently released in beta for testing] - a resource to help you find safe and healthy "green" products.
- MozillaZine.org a resource for daily Mozilla [Web browser] news, info and help.
- SecurityFocus.com - a resource that tracks software bugs, security vulnerabilities [security holes or breaches], security tools, related jobs and more.
- IBLS.com - a resource that tries to keep up-to-date on the global laws and regulations that affect your online experience.
- AuthorTree.com - to provide authors with effective Web sites as they promote their books online as well as help readers discover and interact with new writers. Try their "Advanced Site Search".
- DVD-Guides.com - an easy to navigate guide for the popular digital media known as "DVD" [digital video disk; digital versatile disk - High-density double-sided compact disc that can store up to 17 gigabytes of digital data-roughly the equivalent of 24 CDs - CD = Compact Disc].
Peter's schedule for appearing as a guest on Larry Meiller's show can seen by clicking here.
You can listen to Peter on WPR (Wisconsin Public Radio) - 970AM WHA Radio in Madison, WI
monthly! It is broadcast live over the WPR radio network from the 7th floor of Vilas Hall, and is "Web casted" live via Real Audio - you'll need the "Real Audio player". The show is 90 minutes in length and covers the latest in PC computer technology
, the Internet and the World Wide Web; show is a question & answer format. I have supported Wisconsin Public Radio for 23 years with a monthly radio
show on computer technology. The show is produced by Jim Packard and hosted by Larry Meiller.