Please support our sponsors.
Peter Greene's Top 10+ as announced on Monday, 10/1/2007
This list is for providing you with easy access to these "useful" Web pages. Please visit my NEW "Tips and Favorite Applications" Page, WEBHITZ® for access to our Web menus!
Use of the products and services offered on any of these Web pages is at your own risk! E-Mail me and give me your feedback at email@example.com. Due to the volume of email I get I cannot possibly reply to every message!
- Schoolmatters.com - a resource for educators and policy makers; contains detailed information about schools and school districts throughout the country.
- Instructables.com - step by step instructions on a wide variety of neat projects.
- Wildflower.org [by the Univ. of Texas @ Austin] - Lady Bird Johnson who passed away this year loved wildflowers. This detailed and searchable resource is great for wildflower lovers.
- 1up.com - a videogamers Web resource for gaming cheats, previews and reviews. With Halo 3 being released for the XBox360 - this site has lots of details about it.
- TheInsideGroove.com - a resource for NASCAR. Includes Nascar racing news, team & driver info, standings and lots more.
- TheHockeyNews.com - The NHL hockey season started this past weekend in London; this week 10-3 it starts in North America. Keep up on everything about hockey with this great Web resource.
- BaseballProspectus.com - Major League Baseball (MLB) playoffs start this week. If you want statistics - then make sure you visit their statistics link!. This baseball resource covers news, events, fantasy and more.
- Laptop.org "One Laptop Per Child" - It's an education project, not a laptop project. --> Nicholas Negroponte. Their goal is to provide children around the world with new opportunities to explore, experiment and express themselves.
- LaptopGiving.org your opportunity to give begins now! Between November 12 and November 26 - so click on this link. If you signed-up earlier then you got this link via email.
- xogiving.org - this is Laptop.org's sign-up Web site ----> starting Nov. 12, 2007 - "One Laptop Per Child" will be offering a Give 1 Get 1 Program for a brief window of time. For $399, you will be purchasing two XO laptops --- one that will be sent to empower a child to learn in a developing nation, and one that will be sent to your child at home.
- Wunderground.com - access to a weather resource that has lots of data. Very easy to navigate - you just have to decide what you want to know more about with regards to weather and climate conditions in your area or somewhere else!
*** Below are last month's choices ****
- When-is.com - searchable resource to find out when holidays take place around the world.
- LandBigFish.com - a searchable resource that includes 36,000+ outdoor-and-fishing-activity related business to assist you in looking for camping, boating, fishing charters and more.
- HomeTownLocator.com - searchable resource that includes data for 42,500 cities, towns and zip codes. Also visit: "city-data", "epodunk", "American FactFinder"[US Census Bureau].
- PeerToPatent.org - opens the patent examination process to public participation for the first time to try and assist the US Patent Office to alleviate the long wait time for patent approvals.
- InventorEd.org - a resource to assist you in understanding the patent process. Also visit: "InventRight" and "United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)".
- CPSC.gov - U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission - here is access to all the consumer product safety recalls as issued by the U.S. federal government.
- BitPipe.com - an Information Technology resource and guide to IT related resources; access their free online library for the latest technical white papers, webcasts, product information to help you make intelligent IT decisions.
- WiiPlus.net - a Nintendo Wii gami resource that includes game reviews, news, articles and discussion forums.
- SmallEngineAdvisor.com - a small egine repair and troubleshooting resource.
- SelfHelpForums.com - access to a wide variety of self-help topics; statistics for this resource: Threads: 12,281, Posts: 61,439, Members: 6,521 .
- InfoStar.com Tips page - Tip #1 has a digital memory card storage table for you to use as a handy reference.
Peter's schedule for appearing as a guest on Larry Meiller's show can seen by clicking here.
You can listen to Peter on WPR (Wisconsin Public Radio) - 970AM WHA Radio in Madison, WI
monthly! It is broadcast live over the WPR radio network from the 7th floor of Vilas Hall, and is "Web casted" live via Real Audio - you'll need the "Real Audio player". The show is 90 minutes in length and covers the latest in PC computer technology
, the Internet and the World Wide Web; show is a question & answer format. I have supported Wisconsin Public Radio for nearly 18 years with a monthly radio
show on computer technology. The show is produced by Jim Packard and hosted by Larry Meiller.